Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bays Mountain Park and Gray Fossil Site

It was like any other Saturday ... a lazy morning in the big bed, then we got the family packed in the car, headed somewhere to shop or tour and then both boys passed out. One thing was different ... I was driving for a change. I wanted to drive around for a while and let the boys sleep, so we ended up on I-81 south. We had not been to Kingsport, so I turned north on I-26. I was trying to decide which exit to take, when I saw a brown sign for Bays Mountain Park and Planenarium. I was intrigued, so off we went to find the park.

Turns out, Bays Mountain Park is beautiful - there's a lake with a boat tour and it even has a little zoo. We saw wolves, turtles, raccoons, otters, fish, deer, bobcats, owls, falcons and several other kinds of birds.

After we left the park, we headed to our original destination, the Natural History Museum and Gray Fossil Site. It is a very new site, discovered by a road construction crew in 2000.

Lazy Saturday with some Lovin' - Theodore Isn't Used to This

Mama's Isn't the Only Nose Theodore Likes

No comments:

Post a Comment